Monday, March 26, 2012

If The World Came To An End Today, How Would You Feel?


This was one of the questions posed in the Journaling Challenge last year and I share here with you my answer.

If the world came to an end today, there is no escape, nowhere to run and no place to hide.  No time for regrets either.  It will be too late and pointless.

If the end of the world comes today, what I feel is insignificant.

This question reminds me that today, this very minute, and every single day that I live, how I live my life matters.  Every little thing that I do matters.

The good news is that today is not the end of the world yet.  And it's not too late to live to my highest potential as a human being.

From this moment on:-

  • Be more kind - doesn't matter whether to family, friends, people I feel negative about, work colleagues, strangers, animals, plants, things ...


  • Let everything that I do and say be guided by love.


  • Work towards my dream right away and no more excuses.


  • Live my life every day with purpose and not just exist.


  • Be happy and treasure every moment with my loved ones and whoever that comes into my life.


  • Do all that I have to do according to my faith on a daily basis.


  • Make peace with myself on a daily basis.


How about you?  How would you feel if the world came to an end today?




14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, Izdiher. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. I remember the time(2011) when there were lots of reports on how the world would come to an end in 2012. The response that I came up with immediately was that 'why doesn't it happen today?' My mom wasn't amused by these words of mine but slightly angry with my apathetic attitude. Even today my response would be the same. I am strangely detached with the world we live in.

    I have a lot to learn, especially considering that there are people with positive attitude such as you. Sorry if I ruined the mood here but that's just how insane I am.

    Still, I continue hoping for the best and do wish the very best for you.
    Take care! ^◡^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are unique -- not insane! He he! You make me see with a different lens.

      Thank you for sharing your views. I appreciate it very much.

      Delete
  3. Interesting question, I would feel I have not enjoyed life to the fullest, I gave up on many dreams thinking I would fail, I did not dance enough under the rain, I lose faith many times, I did many useless things instead of praying when I had time, I should have been more confident, I should have never compromised who I am, I would have thought about what I want to say before saying it or saying something stupid

    This made me think a lot Asni, now I know which changes I will put in place, which areas of mu life I want to improve. Priceless. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did all those you mentioned, Marie, and I am still learning. Let's always remind each other.

      Delete
  4. I think sometimes we forgot that one day the world WILL end, if not the whole world but the world for us when we close our eyes for the final time.

    If we constantly remembered this it would help make us better people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Foz! It's scary but that's the truth!

      Delete
  5. Well, I would probably have lots of feelings. I would be afraid of pain, perhaps, although I'm not afraid to die. I would be concerned for the well being of those I love, hoping that they would find peace in their final moments. I would be grateful for all the blessings I have had in this life. And I would be curious about what happens next! As Rabelais said on his deathbed, "I go to seek a great perhaps." I've always been intrigued by the Sioux warrior battle cry, "It's a good day to die!" If I can say that about today, then I have lived a full and blessed life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this, Galen! It is insightful.

      Delete
  6. this made me think and ask before Ate Asni but now I learned to focus more on what and whom I have now..cherishing every moment..every second with my loved ones..passing by ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, Sie! So glad that this can inspire you too.

      Delete
  7. This is very interesting post, thanks for sharing.:)Like what you said, I wanted to do all those things that you've shared, not only this day or today but hopefully I'm doing them right this time and before,. Because If ever this is the end of the world, I don't think I can do those thing hehe.. because no time left..:)

    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading me and for leaving your comments. I appreciate each and every one of them. Much love and joy to you! Namaste!