Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A-Z Challenge - V


V ... for vulnerability.

I had had a lump on my neck 10 years ago.  It was located about four fingers' spacing below my left ear.  It was small in the beginning when I asked my doctor to take a look.  She was not alarmed and said it looks like a lump of fat and if I wanted to, I could have it removed.  If not, I should keep an eye on it and take immediate action should it grow bigger.  As I was not so keen on an operation, I therefore chose not to have it removed then.

Around the 8th year I noticed that the lump had grown bigger and much noticeable.  Whenever I had a hair cut, the hairdresser would always ask me about it.   My relatives were also questioning me about it.  I was getting sick and tired of explaining to everybody that I finally made a decision to have it removed.  A date for the operation was fixed on December 30, 2010.

There I was, lying on the operation table with just a paper panty and a hospital gown to my name, wires attached to some parts of my body.  I was shivering cold while waiting to be sedated.  The last thing I remember before succumbing to the anesthetic, the nurses turned on some hot air blower to warm me up. 

Never have I felt so vulnerable.  Helpless.  Lying on the operation table, I was at the surgeon and his assistants' mercy.  I can't run away as I was attached to all those wires.  It had to be done.  If not now ...  when?   I said a prayer, knowing that I was and always will be in God's Grace and that everything is in His Loving Hands.

Fortunately, the operation was successful, or I won't be here writing about it!.  He he!  The biopsy showed that it was not malignant.  It was just a piece of fat tissue.  The condition is called neck lipoma. The surgeon showed me a photo of it from his handphone.  It looked like some yellowish-orange colored flower.  It's amazing how something that could put fear in my heart could appear so beautiful! 
 
This is the letter V for the A-Z Blogging Challenge.

Looks like I will be late in posting these last few alphabets for the challenge as the internet is down at work. 

Before I go, let's join Dana at Pure for her Wednesday Photo Inspriation.


Do visit Wendy and take a look at her other beautiful works of art.


See you tomorrow.  Have a beautiful day!  Let hope live in your heart.




12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything turned out fine. I can imagine how scary the whole situation must have been...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was so grateful that everything turned out fine. Like being given another chance to live again. Thanks for dropping in , Dana.

      Delete
  2. It must be scary experience but you were brave. The thought of going to a doctor makes me unhappy even if it's for some small ailment. But running away only increments the problem. Thank God that the operation was successful and you are here with us.

    No problem Asni. Internet connection does act unpredictably some times. I have been affected by it several times too. No matter how great the services, there will be a day when the system fails and we are stuck without reading and meeting blog friends.

    The picture is remarkable.

    See you Asni! ^◡^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate operations and that was not the first one. I had no choice but to be brave. Thanks for being here every day for me, Sui. Love you for it.

      Delete
  3. I imagine the uneasiness of such a situation. I am glad this was nothing serious and you are fine. It's true being there on a hospital bed, the only think we can do is pray and welcome God in our heart. I have been there before I was small, it was for eyes problems. A way or another I know I would be fine.

    Lovely photo you shared as well, I think I already saw some of them on your blob before. The message is the right one for me!
    Thanks dear and don't worry for the internet connection, we all understand it!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I don't have to go through any operation ever again! Thanks Marie for being here for me. Take are and much love.

      Delete
  4. Thank heavens its not terminal! Keep the positive energy going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thank heavens that it is not terminal. Thoughts did go wild in my mind at that point of time. Thanks for reading me.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Asni for sharing your post, and photo Wednesday inspiration. I will accept painting this time since I have done this the last time hehehe, excuse me :)... Keep sharing Asni !
    Have a beautiful Wednesday
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As if we don't feel vulnerable enough in a situation like that, we have to wear those dehumanizing paper outfits. So glad it turned out well. Great word choice for V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think we should be given a choice of outfit to wear! He he! Thanks for being here Galen. Appreciate it very much.

      Delete

Thank you for reading me and for leaving your comments. I appreciate each and every one of them. Much love and joy to you! Namaste!